Coaching a reading team takes a lot of time, energy, planning, and patience. Here are some things that we hope will help you build your best team!
2017-2018 Cobb County Competition Registration - Due by October 31, 2017
All teams must register and pay a $60 fee in order to participate at the county level. Registration has begun! Coaches directions can be printed here.
- Go online and complete the Registration Form.
- Print a PDF version of the application here, complete it and send it with a $60 check made payable to "Cobb County Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl" to Cobb County Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl, c/o Renee Crumley, Lovinggood Middle School, 3825 Luther Ward Rd, Powder Springs, GA 30127
- Every team must also register online with the Dekalb County Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl. http://www.dekalbschoolsga.org/helen-ruffin-reading-bowl/registration-forms/ Choose “Georgia Team Registration” to begin and “West” as your region. Teams do not have to pay the Dekalb registration fee. The Cobb County committee pays this for you! The Georgia Team Registration is typically due at the beginning of December.
By submitting and signing the team application, coaches agree to these requirements.
- Coaches Training- Attend an online or in-person coaches training to receive up-to-date information on the competition. The online training will include a quiz.
- Book Questions- Write and submit one set of thirty questions for one title on the elementary, middle school, or high school level list due December 1, 2017.
- Volunteer- Supply one volunteer to work at the Reading Bowl Competition in January.
- Coaches must agree to comply with the rules set forth by the Cobb County Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl Committee.
STATE Team Registration - Due by Dec. 5, 2017
All teams must register with the State HRRB. This is easy to do, just go to their website and fill out the online form. Registering with Cobb's HRRB does not fulfill this requirement, however, paying the Cobb Registration Fee DOES cover the state's fee; no need to send more money.
Book List PowerPoints
- Lily and Dunkin
- Coming Soon- Orbiting Jupiter, The Best Man, Drowned City, What Elephants Know
Create your own Jackdaws for Other Titles:
Click above to review the rules, format and other important information presented at the Coaches' Training meeting.
Click to print a handy checklist to keep you and your team on track.
Check out the list of Buzzer Vendors above.
Honor your hard working readers with a certificate of participation, printable above.